Most of Sabahan local artists still doing charity by performing free of charge (FOC) . This issue arise long time ago , where our local artist struggling produce the best songs, best performance and best music but the volume return of investment is very low. Few suggestions had voice up from non government organizations and respective ministry too, how to help our local artist survive but it seem cannot work.
Before this Datuk Masidi Manjun had announce minimum payment for Sabahan artist is RM 2000.00 and highly encourage five star hotel in Sabah employ sabahan artist or musicians. According to few resources hotels in Sabah choose foreign artists or musicians because the costs are cheap. It just in one conner , mine while in another angle some organizations not put a budget for Sabahan local artist . They are more interested to invite establish artist and willing to pay a high price. I still remember , one organizations invite Dato Siti Norhaliza with big budget, RM 20 000.00 for 3 songs not including flight ticket and accommodations.
Back again to sabahan local artist, why they did not have an opportunity to get paid instead performing FOC in any show. I can say our local artist is the best in the world , charity ,charity and charity. Solutions is not easy to accomplish in this stage. Sabahan should realize we have to pay a little bit for a great talent and not FOC because they have to survive too.
Here are my few suggestions:
1. Artists must have their own manager to manage and organize their shows .
2. Must demand a bit, do not accept free performance and try to ask payment .
3. Try to produce an album with low coast but good quality.
4. Do not just concentrate on singing but try another scope such as emcee or acting
5. Become business men/women such as ivy alexendra , Allen (Da Prinz)
6. Proper financial planning.
7. Produce your own product
changers come from us itself .....